Join the Better Impact Team
We are growing and currently looking for people to join our team!
Who We Are
Better Impact is a small but global team who help non-profits and charities to engage and manage volunteers, donors and members more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our head office is in Hamilton Ontario Canada and we have small offices in Chicago, Seattle, Adelaide and London. Our clients include international charities (such as the Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity), cities (such as San Diego, Houston, Ottawa, Toronto, Lancashire UK, Oxfordshire UK, and Perth Australia to name a few), events (such as The Burlington Sound of Music Festival, Hull City of Culture (UK), Cricket World Cup Championships, FIFA Woman’s World Cup (Canada), and Lollapalooza (USA)), and thousands of smaller charities and non-profits in ten countries. We don’t see ourselves as a software company as much as we do a “we’re here to help” company that just happens to provide software. It’s ingrained in everything we do. Better Impact is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce enhances our ability to fulfill our mission
Communications Coordinator – Hamilton Ontario
As a Digital Media Producer at Better Impact you will be part of a small but incredibly strong team that spans four countries. The software we produce is enterprise grade and constantly being upgraded. We are recognized for the innovations we bring to the table and for our member support being the very best out there.
Everyone on the Better Impact team is responsible for two things; helping nonprofits and helping the rest of the team.
A Digital Media Producer at Better Impact helps in a variety of ways.
- Create explainer videos that describe the concepts of our software how it integrates with great nonprofit management practices
- Create training videos to give our members the power to train themselves and to augment our consultants personal training
- Run the technology behind live broadcasts we’ll do from our head office to locations around North America
- Keep our websites up to date using WordPress. (We have six as they contain localized content.)
- Desktop publishing of sales sheets and other short documents
- Follow the nonprofit sector news through social media and contributing to the Better Impact social media channels
- Participate in Better Impact social media channels and blogs.
The experience skills we are looking for:
- 2-5 years experience creating and editing videos
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Proficiency in with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
The characteristics we are looking for:
- a drive to help others
- open mindedness
- passionate about what you do
- friendly with an “I’ve got your back” attitude
- flexible (because let’s face it…things don’t always go as planned)
The skill set we are looking for:
- Concise and accurate verbal communications
- Diligent project management
- Attention to detail
The office environment
- Newly renovated 5,000 ft2
- Casual and comfortable with plenty of room to just be yourself
- In-office fitness room and shower
- Studio space with green wall
- Sit/stand desks
- Foosball, darts and shuffleboard
- 15’x30’ 4th floor balcony
- Friday lunches most often cooked up by one of the company founders
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A matching RSP contribution plan
- Great health benefits
- in addition to vacation days, up to 7 “sick” days you can use for anything you want
- Flex time opportunities
- Spotify account
- The opportunity to help 1,800 nonprofits (and growing) around the world do the great things they do.
- An average work week of under 40 hours… seriously.
Websites to visit to help you decide if we’re a great fit for you.
- www.betterimpact.ca (or .com, .uk.co, .com.au, .co.nz)
- www.betterimpact.tv (this will be your baby)
- https://www.betterimpact.com/volunteer-impact-help (You won’t need to write the content but you’ll be updating it and compiling the videos created by the trainers)
- https://www.instagram.com/betterimpact/ (acknowledging this is new and we could do a lot more here)
This position will be out of our office in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. If this sounds like a great fit for you, let us know. Feel free to to use a letter and resume or perhaps a video of some sort to help us get to know the real you. Contact email@example.com.
.NET Backend Engineer - Hamilton, Ontario
We are looking for a developer who:
- works to live, not lives to work
- wants to be part of a small but growing global team
- is seriously good at what they do
- wants their code to mean something
- can work from our office in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Our software helps organizations engage and manage volunteers, donors and clients more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our revenues grow year after year and we are embarking on some significant product expansion in our field. At Better Impact your coding matters. We do more than just create and sell business process software. We help organizations make the world a better place. Clients include small start-up nonprofits, cities (such as San Diego, Houston TX, Vancouver, Ottawa, San and Perth Australia to name a few), large events (such as the Cricket World Cup Championships, FIFA Woman’s World Cup, Lollapalooza ) and international charities (such as the Salvation Army). What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Medical/dental benefits
- Flexible time off and a 40 hour work week
- The right tools and technology
- An office atmosphere that is upbeat and casual
- Fridays we have a BBQ on our deck or something cooked up in the office kitchen by one of the company founders.
- Solid understanding of enterprise-level application and database design
- Strong programming experience with .NET technologies.
- Extensive experience working with SQL Server (performance tuning, clustering/always on implementation, troubleshooting)
- Proven experience implementing a continuous integration / deployment pipeline
- Able to perform administrative tasks in Windows Server / IIS.
Other things we’d be happy to hear about:
- Experience working in technical support / customer service environments.
- Community involvement and volunteering experience.
If this position is of interest to you, let us know. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org