Join the Better Impact Team
We are growing and currently looking for people to join our teamin Hamilton, Ontario and Chicago Illinois.
.NET Backend Engineer – Hamilton, Ontario
We are looking for a developer who:
- works to live, not lives to work
- wants to be part of a small but growing global team
- is seriously good at what they do
- wants their code to mean something
- can work from our office in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Our software helps organizations engage and manage volunteers, donors and clients more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our revenues grow year after year and we are embarking on some significant product expansion in our field.
At Better Impact your coding matters. We do more than just create and sell business process software. We help organizations make the world a better place.
Clients include small start-up nonprofits, cities (such as San Diego, Houston TX, Vancouver, Ottawa, San and Perth Australia to name a few), large events (such as the Cricket World Cup Championships, FIFA Woman’s World Cup, Lollapalooza ) and international charities (such as the Salvation Army).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Medical/dental benefits
- Flexible time off and a 40 hour work week
- The right tools and technology
- An office atmosphere that is upbeat and casual
- Fridays we have a BBQ on our deck or something cooked up in the office kitchen by one of the company founders.
- Solid understanding of enterprise-level application and database design
- Strong programming experience with .NET technologies.
- Extensive experience working with SQL Server (performance tuning, clustering/always on implementation, troubleshooting)
- Proven experience implementing a continuous integration / deployment pipeline
- Able to perform administrative tasks in Windows Server / IIS.
Other things we’d be happy to hear about:
- Experience working in technical support / customer service environments.
- Community involvement and volunteering experience.
If this position is of interest to you, let us know. Contact email@example.com
Bilingual Sales and Support Agent – Chicago, Illinois
As a Sales and Support Agent at Better Impact you will be part of by small but incredibly strong team that spans four countries. The software we produce is enterprise grade, works in four languages and is constantly being upgraded. We are recognized for our client support being prompt, friendly and professional.
- Using our chat based system, quick web meetings, and the telephone, assist our clients around the world on how to use our software
- Also using our chat based system and the telephone, answer questions from prospective clients in American time zones on how our software can help them
- As Latin American clients become clients, train them and support them through our chat system and telephone
The characteristics we are looking for:
- A drive to help others
- Open mindedness
- Passionate about what you do and friendly
- Generally maintaining an “I’ve got your back” attitude
The skills and experience skills we are looking for:
- Equally fluent in English and Spanish (Latin American)
- A quick learner
- Type accurately a minimum of 40 words per minute of accurate typing is a requirement.
- Experience related to volunteer management or donor management is an asset but not a requirement
This position is out of our Chicago office in the WeWork Complex at Millennium Park. The right attitude and fitting in with the company culture here comes first and training on our software and the systems we use will be provided. It is full time, alternating between 9-5 and 10-6 with some flexibility in the hours.
If this position is of interest to you, we would love to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and covering letter highlighting why this job is of interest to you and including your general salary expectations.
About Better Impact Inc.
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- a flexible 40 hour work week
- a minimum of two weeks for holidays in your first year (growing to four weeks in five years)
- a comfortable and casual work environment
- a supportive team who is always there to help you
- room to make your own decisions on how to best do your job
Our software helps organizations engage and manage volunteers more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our clients include small start-up nonprofits, cities (such as San Diego, Houston TX, Vancouver, Ottawa, San Diego and Perth Australia to name a few), large events (such as the Cricket World Cup Championships, FIFA Woman’s World Cup, Lollapalooza), national charities (such as Kids Help Line) and international charities (such as the Salvation Army).
Our revenues grow year after year and we are embarking on some significant product expansion in our field. On top of that, our work makes a real difference in the world. We do more than just create and sell business process software. We help nonprofits make the world a better place.
Better Impact is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce enhances our ability to fulfill our mission.