Join the Better Impact Team
We are growing and currently looking for people to join our team in Chicago Illinois and in Hamilton, Ontario.
We are growing again and currently have three new positions.
- Client Care Specialist – Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Marketing Communications Coordinator – Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Web Application Developer (ASP.NET MVC) – Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
About Better Impact Inc.
Our software helps organizations engage and manage volunteers more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our clients include small start-up nonprofits, cities (such as San Diego, Houston TX, Vancouver, Ottawa, San and Perth Australia to name a few), large events (such as the Cricket World Cup Championships, FIFA Woman’s World Cup, Lollapalooza) and international charities (such as the Salvation Army).
Our revenues grow year after year and we are embarking on some significant product expansion in our field. On top of that, our work makes a real difference in the world. We do more than just create and sell business process software. We help nonprofits make the world a better place.
Better Impact is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce enhances our ability to fulfill our mission.
Client Care Specialist
Client Care Specialists at Better Impact are part of by small but incredibly strong team that spans four countries. The software we produce is enterprise grade and constantly being upgraded. We are recognized for our client support being prompt, friendly and professional.
- Using our chat based system primarily, assist our clients on how to use our software
- Also using our chat based system, answer questions from prospective clients on how our software can help them and introduce them to their account
- Providing immediate feedback to those who submit suggestions through our online suggestion portal
- Digging through our accounts to look for clients who are under utilizing our software
- Following nonprofit sector news through social media and contributing to the Better Impact social media channels
- Participation in Better Impact social media channels and blogs
The characteristics we are looking for:
- A drive to help others
- Open mindedness
- Passionate about what you do and friendly
- Generally maintaining an “I’ve got your back” attitude
The skills and experience skills we are looking for:
- A quick learner
- Type accurately a minimum of 40 words per minute of accurate typing is a requirement.
- Experience related to volunteer management or donor management is an asset but not a requirement
This position is out of our Chicago office in the WeWork complex at Millennium Park. It is open to candidates at the entry level and up to five years of related experience. The right attitude and fitting in with the company culture here comes first and training on our software and the systems we use will be provided. It is full time 10:00 – 6:00 with some flexibility in the hours.
If this position is of interest to you, let us know. Contact email@example.com
As a Communications Coodinator at Better Impact are part of by small but incredibly strong team that spans four countries. The software we produce is enterprise grade and constantly being upgraded. We are recognized for our innovative support to the nonprofit sector and client support being prompt, friendly and professional.
- Create explainer videos that describe the concepts of our software how it integrates with great volunteer management practices (using software such as Biteable, Raw Shorts, Powtune etc.).
- Run the technology behind live broadcasts we’ll do from the office using Ustream Producer or something like it.
- Edit and mark up training videos.
- Keep our websites up to date using WordPress. (We have six as they contain localized content.)
- Desktop publishing of sales sheets and other short documents
- Follow the nonprofit sector news through social media and contributing to the Better Impact social media channels
- Participate in Better Impact social media channels and blogs
- Participate (along with everyone else on the team) in monitoring our online chat system for clients and prospective clients.
The experience skills we are looking for:
- 1-5 years experience scripting and creating videos (professionally and/or as a hobby)
- Proficiency in video editing software and/or explainer video software
- Proficiency in desktop publishing software (preferably Mac)
The characteristics we are looking for:
- a drive to help others
- open mindedness
- passionate about what you do
- friendly with an “I’ve got your back” attitude
This position will be out of our office in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. If this sounds like a great fit for you, let us know. Feel free to to use a letter and resume or perhaps a video of some sort to help us get to know the real you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Application Developer (ASP.NET MVC)
As a Web Application Developer at Better Impact are part of by small but incredibly strong team that spans four countries. The software we produce is enterprise grade and constantly being upgraded. We are recognized for our innovative support to the nonprofit sector and client support being prompt, friendly and professional. Skills & Requirements: You should have:
- Solid skill and experience with ASP.NET MVC 5
- A good understanding of VB.NET
- Experience working with JQuery / JSON / Ajax
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience working on a multi-lingual (localized) product
- Experience with JQuery Mobile and/or mobile app development
- Experience designing and testing reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (2008/2008R2/2012)
- An understanding of SQL syntax
- Basic windows server administration skills
Other things we’d be happy to hear about:
- Community involvement and volunteering experience.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Medical/dental benefits
- Flexible time off and a 40 hour work week
- The right tools and technology
- An office atmosphere that is upbeat and casual.
- Fridays we have a BBQ on our deck or something cooked up in the office kitchen by one of the company founders.
If this position is of interest to you, let us know. Contact email@example.com.