Hubspot Automation Specialist
Better Impact is a small but global business that helps non-profits and charities engage and manage volunteers, donors and members more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our head office is in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and we currently have small offices in Chicago USA, Adelaide Australia and London England.
Our clients include:
- international charities, such as the Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity,
- cities, such as San Diego (USA), Vancouver and Toronto (Canada), Lancashire and Oxfordshire (UK), and Perth and Melbourne (Australia), and many more
- hospitals such as Ohio State University Medical Center and Johns Hopkins Healthcare (USA), Alberta Health and the University Health Network in Toronto (Canada), multiple National Health Services hospitals (UK) and Melbourne Health and Sydney Children's Hospital Network (Australia)
- events (such as Lollapalooza (USA), Hull City of Culture (UK), and FIFA Woman’s World Cup (Canada),
- and thousands of smaller charities and non-profits in ten countries.
Hubspot Automation Specialist
We’re creating a permanent, full-time position and looking for someone to continuously improve the configuration of our digital platforms (mostly Hubspot) for maximum website traffic and a friction free experience for prospective members considering our software, and time savings automation for the other Better Impact team members.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll collaborate closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager, Member Success Manager, the accountant, and the CEO on a variety of projects, initiated by any the above or by you. We’re making this an internal position rather than farm it out because we want someone to get to know our business inside out, and with that, instigate changes that will contribute directly to our marketing efficiencies and work processes.
We’ll provide you with:
- additional Hubspot training
- a flexible work environment that recognizes there are other aspects to your life than work
- sick days that you can use for anything you’d like, sick or not
- support from a team of peers in Canada, the USA the UK and Australia
- a compensation package based on your current experience that includes medical and dental, and guaranteed cost of living increases (as a minimum)
- a casual and comfortable office that includes a private gym, shower, games area with billiards, foosball and shuffleboard, 4th floor outdoor patio (if based out of Hamilton)
- a post-pandemic return to team lunches prepared by the president or VP each Friday (if based out of Hamilton)
- an opportunity for your work to contribute the mission of every charity and not-for-profit organization that are our members
A sampling of what you'll be doing:
First Quarter you're with us:
- Gap analysis of Hubspot workflows and reports
- Audit all existing workflows to ensure results are as anticipated
- Apply prioritized SEO techniques to our websites (six regional English one, one French, one Portuguese and one Spanish)
- Create specific reports and workflows which will be covered in the interview stage
- Research the quoting capabilities of Hubspot in comparison with our current system
- Take on full technical responsibility for all Hubspot page creation*, workflows, integrations and report creation in Hubspot (*You will be supported by a graphic artist who will design the pages and a content administrator who will populate the pages.)
Balance of the first year and beyond:
- Identify at least one new workflow to improve our operations per month and create it
- Identify at least one new technical change to improve our websites per quarter and implement it
Identify at least one new piece of yet to be used functionally in Hubspot per quarter and educate the management team on how it could be used to our benefit.
- Create at least 10 new useful reports per quarter as identified by you or the management team
- Create / improve at least 5 workflows per month as identified by you or the management team
- Continue your technical responsibility for all Hubspot page creation, workflows, integrations and report creation in Hubspot
- Take on technical responsibly for other software platforms used by the marketing, sales or support teams
- Recommend and as applicable, implement new technologies related to the role
Technical Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years administrative experience configuring Hubspot
- Knowledgeable of current principles that drive SEO
- Understanding of pay per click (PPC) marketing fundamentals
- Proficient use of HTML and CSS
- A college or university degree in a related field
- An acceptable current Criminal Record Check must be submitted prior to starting employment
- 1+ year working with Google Tag Management
- 1+ year working in Google Adwords configuration
- 1+ year experience reporting from Google Analytics
- Experience using Apple computers
Core competencies we are looking for:
- Positive attitude
- Results oriented
- Details focused
- Independence in learning and working
- Easily adaptable in the face of change
- and in general, a fit with our Core Values.
Ideally this position will be based out of our Hamilton office (with the freedom to work at home occasionally), but we are open to candidates across Canada and USA.
If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know why.
Better Impact is committed to ensuring an equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strive to offer a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.