Search by Contact Information
NOTE:When performing a search using Contact Information as your search type the following fields include multiple fields in the search:
- First Name searches “First Name” and “Legal First Name”
- Phone Number searches “Home Phone”, “Work Phone” and “Cell Phone”
- Email Address searches “Email Address”, “Secondary Email Address” and “Mobile email”
- Go to: People >> Search (or any other menu option that uses the search feature) – Click here and scroll down for a video on all of step 1.
- In the “Organization Filters” section, select the desired organizations within your enterprise to include in the search. If you have created Regions, your organizations will be grouped within their respective region.
- In the “Module and Status Filters” section, select the desired statuses to include in the search. If you make multiple selections, you can include people that have:
- Any of the selected modules and any of the selected statuses
- All of the selected modules and any of the selected statuses
- In the “Communications Filters” section, optionally select the desired choice. Settings are broken down into three categories. You can make one selection from each category:
- Email: Don’t Filter (default), Has Email, Has No Email
- Mobile Email: Don’t Filter (default), Has Mobile Email, Has No Mobile Email
- Text Messaging [this will only appear if Text Messaging has been enabled]: Don’t Filter (default), Has text messaging enabled, Does not have text messaging enabled
- In the “Group Filters” section, optionally select the desired choice: Don’t Filter (default), Individuals Only (profiles associated with one person only), Groups Only (profiles that have been defined as representing a group)
- Click the [Add Search Criteria] button. The available criteria corresponding to your module selections will appear first in the list, followed by other criteria. Instead of scrolling through the list, you can type a few letters of the criteria you want to use.
- Select Contact Information in the drop-down list.
- All name fields, username, email address and post/postal/zip code – A match is created if what you type in matches the whole field or the beginning of it. e.g. Typing in “Janet” and searching will match on Janet. Typing in “Jan” and searching will match on Janet and Jane and Jan.
- All other fields – A match is created if what you type in is contained anywhere in the field. e.g. Typing in “Bloomington” will match on City of Bloomington.
- You can also search by the volunteer’s “Region” (i.e. the regional language setting they have selected).
- Click the [Add] button to add the current search criteria to the list of things to include in the list and leave the screen ready for you to add something else – No search will be run yet. OR:
- Click the [Add and Go] button to add the current search criteria to the list of things to include in the list and to execute a search. – A search will be run.
Other Tutorials Related to Searches
Looking for something else? Enter your keywords and press Enter.
Looking for something else?
Enter your keywords and press Enter.