What Is an Activity Template
As an Enterprise Administrator, you can create “Activity Templates” to be used by organizations in your Enterprise when creating activities. In these templates, you can specify basic information, automation and visibility settings, and qualifications and feedback fields used.
- Go to: Activities >> Activity Templates
- Click the [+] button in the “Activity Template” header (or click the [+ New Activity Template] button)
- In the “Template” header:
- Template name (200 characters maximum)
- Select whether or not the template is “active” and usable by organizations in your enterprise
- Optional: Enter a description for the template (This can guide account administrators how and when to use this template.)
Click the [Next] button to move to the “Basic Info” header
- Activity: The name of the position (maximum 50 characters)
- Application Form: Prospective applicants can be directed to fill in a specific application form when viewing this activity (Just getting started? Leave this as default.)
- Allow Group Signup: Enable profiles that have been set up as “Groups” to sign up for the activity and specify how many volunteers are part of that signup. (This requires enabling “Group Scheduling” either at the enterprise or organization level.)
- Auto Log Hours: Enable hours to be logged automatically for scheduled activities once the shift is over
- Description – pre-assigned: Information about the activity, seen by those who are applying for it
- Description – post-assigned: More detailed information for those assigned to the activity
- Internal Notes: Information about the activity that is only visible to administrators
- Select the schedule type (Recurring pattern, Disjointed, One Time, Seasonal, No Schedule). Individual account administrators will build the actual shifts for the activity when they use this template in their account.
Visibility and Automation
Click the [Next] button to move to the “Visibility and Automation” header
- Visible to: Who can see your activity and what volunteers can sign up for it
- Self-Scheduling: Automatically assign these volunteers when they sign up for the activity/shift
- Auto Lock: Indicate whether or not volunteers will see when an activity/shift is full
- Minimum Volunteers: Minimum number of people needed for the activity/shift
- Maximum Volunteers: Maximum number of people needed for the activity/shift
- Allow volunteers to remove themselves: Indicate whether or not volunteers who have confirmed their assignment can withdraw from it
- Cutoff signup: Indicate whether you want to prevent people from signing up for the shift within a specified number of hours before it begins
Qualifications, Feedback Fields, Classifications
- Click the [Next] button to move to the “Qualifications” header. This tab displays any qualifications created at the enterprise level. Select the value required for each qualification associated with this activity. This may have an effect on the activity’s Visibility and Self-Scheduling settings.
- Click the [Next] button to move to the “Feedback Fields” header. Check the box beside each feedback field associated with this activity. This tab displays any feedback fields created at the enterprise level. When hours are logged for the activity, volunteers will be asked the question posed in the “Display to volunteers as” column.
- Click the [Next] button to move to the “Classifications” header. Select the desired classifications to associate with your activity
Lastly…Click the [Save] button
Looking for something else?
Enter your keywords and press Enter.