Search by Contact Information
- Go to: People >> Search (or any other menu option that uses the search feature) – Click here and scroll down for a video on all of step 1.
- In the “Module and Status Filters” section, select the desired statuses to include in the search.
- If you make multiple selections, you can include people that have:
- Any of the selected modules (This is the default. Just getting started? Leave this one selected.)
- All of the selected modules (Could be used to find people who are volunteers and administrators.)
- In the “Email Filters” section, select the desired option. The default is “Don’t Filter” on email address. This will include all people regardless of whether or not they have an email address.
- Click the [Add Search Criteria] button
- Select Contact Information in the drop-down list.
- All name fields, username, email address and post/postal/zip code – A match is created if what you type in matches the whole field or the beginning of it. e.g. Typing in “Janet” and searching will match on Janet. Typing in “Jan” and searching will match on Janet and Jane and Jan.
- All other fields – A match is created if what you type in is contained anywhere in the field. e.g. Typing in “Bloomington” will match on City of Bloomington.
- Click the [Add] button to add the current search criteria to the list of things to include in the list and leave the screen ready for you to add something else – No search will be run yet.
- Click the [Add and Go] button to add the current search criteria to the list of things to include in the list and to execute a search. – A search will be run.
Can't find what you're looking for? No problem... We're Here to Help!Submit a support ticket to the Better Impact team