What is a Qualification?
Beyond basic contact information in a volunteer’s profile, you can collect and store further information about a volunteer in a “Qualification”. Typically, a Qualification is information that enables you to control which volunteers can see a particular Activity and whether or not they can self-schedule in the Activity. Any training or orientation that you provide a volunteer is typically recorded as a Qualification. You can also include things like skills, certification, age or really anything else.
- Go to: Configuration >> Qualifications
- Click the [+] button in the “Qualification” header and click on “New Qualification” (or click the [+ New Qualification] button).
- Enter a Qualification name (required, maximum 200 characters)
- Select what the volunteer can do with the Qualification:
- Private: Only accessible to the administrator
- Read only: Data entered by the administrator can be seen by the volunteer but not edited
- Read/write with approval: Data entered by the volunteer requires approval by the administrator
- Read/write without approval: Data entered by the volunteer does not require approval
- Select the application forms on which this Qualification will appear and whether or not a value is required by those filling in an application
- Select the type of Qualification to create:
- Exact Match: Items are displayed alphabetically. If used in an Activity, the volunteer must have the exact level specified.
- Ranked: Items are displayed in a specific order, determined by the administrator. If used in an Activity, the volunteer must have at least the level specified.
- Specify whether or not the Qualification requires an expiry date if a value (item) is selected
- Create the items to appear in the drop-down list for the Qualification:
- Individual items: Type in an item and click the [Add Item] button
- Multiple items: Click the [Add Multiple Items] button and specify the list of items to create. Items can also be copied and pasted from Microsoft Excel. Once entered, items can be rearranged or removed.
- Optional: Enter a description
- Click the [Save] button