Better Impact is a small but global business that helps non-profits and charities engage and manage volunteers, donors and members more effectively and with greater efficiency. Our head office is in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and we currently have small offices in Chicago USA, Adelaide Australia and London England.
Our clients include:
- international charities, such as the Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity,
- cities, such as San Diego (USA), Vancouver and Toronto (Canada), Lancashire and Oxfordshire (UK), and Perth and Melbourne (Australia), and many more
- hospitals such as Ohio State University Medical Center and Johns Hopkins Healthcare (USA), Alberta Health and the University Health Network in Toronto (Canada), multiple National Health Services hospitals (UK) and Melbourne Health and Sydney Children's Hospital Network (Australia)
- events (such as Lollapalooza (USA), Hull City of Culture (UK), and FIFA Woman’s World Cup (Canada),
- and thousands of smaller charities and non-profits in ten countries.
Our continuing growth has created and opportunity to join the Better Impact team as an Executive Assistant.
We’ll provide you with:
- a flexible work environment that recognizes there are other aspects to your life than work
- a casual and comfortable office that includes a private gym, shower, games area, 4th floor outdoor patio
- sick days that you can use for anything you’d like, sick or not
- the opportunity to make a difference in the world by helping organizations trying to do the same
- a compensation package based on your current experience, starting between $55,000 and $60,000 based on your experience
- A benefits package and matching contributions to an RSP
To provide administrative support, manage schedules, handle travel arrangements, and streamline tasks, so the CEO can focus on projects that directly relate to the future development of the company and the team. Detail orientation and strong verbal and written communication skills, combined with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality, are a must in this role, as this person is responsible for capturing detailed notes during meetings, assisting with inbound and outgoing communication, as well as the recording and organization of physical and electronic documentation.
- Exceptional Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Independent Learning & Working
- Results Oriented
- Outstanding Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Refined Attention to Detail
Flexible but generally weekdays 9:00-5:00
- Experience using MS Office 365
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, including basic formulas, error checking techniques and multi-sheet cell references
- Comfortable using an Apple computer or willingness to learn
- Experience using and setting up meetings on Zoom
- Professional experience using Keynote
- Professional experience using a CRM
- 2+ years as an Executive Assistant
- Experience researching and creating reports for executives
- Professional experience coordinating travel arrangements for domestic and international travel
- Post-secondary education in administration or related field, and 2-3 years of work experience
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- An acceptable current Criminal Record Check must be submitted prior to starting employment
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Written and verbal fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese
Required Outcomes and Responsibilities
- 1ST Month
- Review, understand and comply with all security documentation through the Better Impact ISMS
- Display an understanding of Executive Assistant functions by:
- Familiarizing yourself with the digital calendar tools, and taking responsibility for keeping the CEO’s calendar up-to-date with events and appointments
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Proofreading documents as requested by CEO
- Support the CEO and leadership team with administrative tasks as requested
- Creating/refining and implementing process of keeping track and recognizing team member milestones and special occasions
- Familiarize yourself with tools and processes used at Better Impact:
- Office 365, Centreli, Dropbox and Slack
- Current processes in place for external vendor communication, customer documentation requests
- Expectations regarding travel arrangements and expenses
- 1st Quarter and beyond
- Create/refine and implement process for handling documentation requests from customers
- Create/refine and implement process for handling external vendor communications
- Assume 100% responsibility for a variety of administrative tasks, including but not limited to, booking travel arrangements, providing receipts to our accounting department, fulfilling insurance document requests, placing orders for office supplies, corresponding with the landlord regarding maintenance requests.
- Conduct research and create reports as requested by CEO or leadership team
- Assist in auditing processes and reports
- Proofreading documentation as requested by the CEO
- Plan and organize staff functions as needed, including the end of year celebration
- 1st Year and beyond
- Recommend a minimum of 4 improvements for keeping important information and documents organized physically and electronically
- Amount of CEO’s time diverted from operational tasks
- Clear verbal and written communication with CEO, leadership team, other BI staff, third-party vendors, and other stakeholders
- Organization of CEO’s schedule and successful management of all engagements
- ROI from the creation/refinement of processes and implementation of improvements
Our Company Culture is important to us. Here is what we’re all about:
- Be here to help: Our members and team are counting on it.
- Be human: Screw up, celebrate, adapt, grow, connect, it’s all part of being human.
- Be courageous: It takes us all to new places, as individuals, members and a company.
- Be caring: Everything comes easier when you truly care.
- Be trustworthy: Being someone others can count on helps everyone reach higher.
- Be part of something bigger: If all we wanted was a paycheck, we could get that anywhere.
- Be balanced: Work, play, rest, learn, love, it all matters.
If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know why.
Better Impact is committed to ensuring an equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strive to offer a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.