It’s like TED Talks meets late night talkshow
Short and to-the-point presentations
Peer-to-peer dialogue at each event
Join in the live broadcast via Twitter
A few exciting surprises
SAVE THE DATE FOR YOUR TIMEZONE!
October 24: 10-5 Mountain and 9-4 Pacific
October 25: 11-6 Atlantic, Eastern 10-5 and 9-4 Central
Hosted by Dana Cory Litwin, CVA
- Public speaking and management professional with background in environmental conservation;
- 14 years’ experience building volunteer and community engagement programs,
- Board and advisory committee development, as well as relevant training, educational materials, and multi-media presentations.
- Successful film, television, radio, theater, and event producer.
- Board member (Pacific Region) Association of Leaders in Volunteer Engagement (AL!VE).
- Member of National Association of Volunteer Programs in Local Government (NAVPLG).
- Certified in Volunteer Administration (Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration – www.cvacert.org).
- Featured keynote speaker 2016 National Conference on Volunteering and Service (Points of Light); Volunteer Engagement and Capacity Building Tracks Opening.
Dana 's Guests and Their Session Topics
Barbara Harrington from Sponsorship Plus
- Overcoming the Challenges in Change
Carol Dixon from Providence Health Care
- Navigating Organizational Changes
Andy Fryar from OZVPM & Better Impact
- Change in Your Professional Career
Erin Spink M.A from Spinktank
- The Pending Changes in Society
Would you like to host a local event?
Local AVAs, DOVIAs, Volunteer Centers are all invited to a local version of this hybrid conference. The basic requirements for hosting include:
- Click here to register via AL!VE if you are in the USA or click here to register via VMPC if you are in Canada.
- Pay the conference hosting fee of $550 or $500 for AL!VE or VMPC members
- Secure a venue that can support the audio/visual and internet requirements
- Organize refreshments an option for lunch (yes, it can be brown bag if your venue allows it)
- Run your own registration process (the fees you charge are your own)
- Provide a host for the day who be trained in advance to interact with the local participants
If you would like to be kept in the loop as more we get the presenters confirmed or other important details, just leave us your details below.
Erin Spink M.A.
Over the past 20 years, Erin Spink has been passionately involved as a volunteer, advocate, and employee in the non-profit sector, focusing specifically in volunteer engagement. She is the founder of spinktank, an innovative think tank on the profession and practice of volunteer engagement. In 2008, Spink completed an M.A. (Leadership), submitting a major research project which was the first-ever academic work to quantify the concept of “volunteer engagement.” She has since both published and trained around the world on volunteer engagement topics. Erin recently launched CARVE- the Centre for Advanced Research in Volunteer Engagement and hopes to address the gap in knowledge about the practice of volunteer engagement. Spink’s interest in volunteers began at the age of six, when she pronounced that while it was wrong to eat animals, hamburgers at McDonald’s came from “volunteer cows” and therefore an exception could be made. She has since changed her mind and is strongly opposed to eating volunteers.
Barbara Harrington, founder of Sponsorship Plus, has created and implemented ethical sponsorship programs for scores of clients in markets across the country from Big Brothers Big Sisters in Pennsylvania to the Indianapolis Museum of Art to the Minnesota State Fair.
Clients often credit her Integrated Sponsorship Path model as the key to aligning real-world solutions for sustainable fundraising success. The model provides a simplified system for starting conversations with corporate decision-makers, foundations and individual donors. And natural courtship of those with genuine interests. She builds teams among staff and board through deep listening and sharing what she’s learned.
Barbara’s is often referred to as the Suze Orman of sponsorship — high energy, knowledgeable and generous in sharing her expertise. She is part of Bank of America’s prestigious Connecting Leaders To Learning National Speakers Series. Barbara has published three sponsorship books The Essential Sponsorship Toolkit, The Essence of Sponsorship and Advance Sponsorship Sales.
Prior to starting Sponsorship Plus, Barbara worked in marketing for Six Flags Darien Lake as well as a News Anchor.
Andy has more than 30 years of volunteer management experience, working in the health and disability sectors, and has been a key player in the promotion and development of the field ‘down under’.
He is a published author on the topic of volunteer leadership, helping to produce Australia’s key guidebook on the topic. Andy is also a past President of Volunteering Australia, a founder of Australasia’s professional VM peak body – AAMOV and the creator of OzVPM. Since 2005, Andy has volunteered his time to help guide the development of International Volunteer Manager’s Day, where he currently serves as Chairperson.
Andy is a highly sought after speaker, and over the years has worked with volunteer management groups in a dozen countries around the world. His training often challenges participant to ‘take the leap’ and think differently about what it is they do!
Andy currently works as Better Impact’s Operations Manager for Australasian region.
Carol Dixon is currently Director of Mission Services and Volunteer Resources for Providence Health Care, a large faith-based multi-site health care group.
She is also a Volunteer Management Instructor, currently at Langara College and previously at George Brown College and Conestoga College. She is a popular (and funny) speaker and we are thrilled to have her join the Take the Leap | Embrace Change event directly from the AHVRP Conference in Phoenix where she is presenting on Recruitment and (less funny) Dismissal. Carol lives in beautiful Vancouver with her husband and their dog, Larry.
Confirmed Local Events
Corning, NY – firstname.lastname@example.org
Peoria, IL – email@example.com
Sarasota, FL – firstname.lastname@example.org
Appleton, WI – email@example.com
Fairfax, VA – firstname.lastname@example.org
Reno NV – email@example.com
West Sacramento, CA – firstname.lastname@example.org
Las Vegas, NV – email@example.com
San Diego, CA – firstname.lastname@example.org
Washtenaw – MI – email@example.com
Washtenaw Registration – http://bit.ly/VMhybridconference