Messaging Options and Committee Emails
Within a volunteer’s profile, you can communicate in a variety of ways.
- Start to type the volunteer’s name in the Quick Search bar on the right near the top of page.
- Click on the volunteer from the list that appears.
- Click on the “Communications” tab:
- Personal Message – compose a message that will appear on the volunteer’s home page
- Send Email – send an email to the volunteer
- Send Text Message – send a text message to the volunteer
- Send Mobile Email – send an email to the volunteer’s mobile device (if the volunteer has specified a mobile email address in his profile)
- Email History – a history of all email messages sent to the volunteer
- Text Message History – a history of all text messages sent to the volunteer
Options relating to text messaging will only appear if Text Messaging has been enabled within your organization.
NOTE:Messages sent via email, mobile email or text can only be sent manually. They cannot be set to be sent automatically at a later date.
When an Administrator Emails a Volunteer or Committee
When an administrator sends an email to a volunteer, a group of volunteers, or a Committee via their administrative profile in Volunteer Impact, the recipient will be able to read it in their email provider (not within MyVolunteerPage.com). The email is sent “to” the primary email address and “cc’d” to the secondary email address (if one exists).
The email is sent by Volunteer Impact, but the recipient will be able to see both the name and email address of the sender (but not the names of any other recipients). When the recipient hits “Reply” in their own email provider, they’ll be able to send a response back to the sender of the email.
If the conversation continues via email, it will be solely via the email provider(s) used by the individual sender and the individual recipient. Emails will only be sent to the address specified and not cc’d to any other email addresses associated with the profile(s).
When a Volunteer Emails an Administrator or Committee
When a volunteer sends an email to an administrator or Committee via their “CONTACT” tab in MyVolunteerPage.com, the recipients will be able to read it in their email provider (not within MyVolunteerPage.com or Volunteer Impact). The email is sent “to” the primary email address and “cc’d” to the secondary email address (if one exists).