Storing Files in a Volunteer's Profile
Upload a File to a Volunteer's Profile
If you need to upload a file to a volunteer’s profile, you can create a custom field with the type “File” for each special purpose (click here to learn how to do this). For every one of these custom fields (e.g. a field for a volunteer’s resumé, another field for a copy of a volunteer’s first aid certification, or a scanned document with the volunteer’s parental permission), you can upload one file.
- Edit the desired profile
- Go to the “Custom Fields” section in the “Main” tab
- Scroll to the field where you want to upload a file. If a file has already been uploaded to the field, you’ll see its name underscored. (You can click on that link to open the file). There’s also a checkbox to enable you to remove that file before uploading a new file
- Beside the field you wish to upload a file to, click the button to select a file. Depending on the browser you are using, this button may have a different name:
- Google Chrome: the button is called [Choose File]
- Mozilla Firefox / Internet Explorer: the button is called [Browse…]
- Follow the steps in your browser’s file manager to select the desired file to upload and click the [Open] button
- Back in the Custom Fields section, click the [Save] button
For a list of file types that are allowed, please visit the Valid File Types help page.