Volunteer Can't See an Activity
Things to Check First
Are there any current or future shifts in the activity?
- If your activity has “expired” (i.e. there are no shifts today or in the future), a volunteer will not be able to sign up for it. To fix this, you’ll need to edit your activity and add some shifts.
Does the volunteer belong to your organization?
- If you can’t find the volunteer’s profile, the volunteer may not be associated with your organization or may have been inadvertently removed by one of your administrators. If their profile has been removed from the organization, you’ll need to send them your signup link. They can click on it and re-use their existing username to re-join your organization.
Has the volunteer been archived?
- If a volunteer’s status has been changed to archived, they will not be able to sign up for any of your activities. You can change their status to enable them to sign up for an activity.
Did the volunteer log on with the correct username?
- If you can search and edit the profile, it might be possible that the volunteer has multiple usernames and has logged in with the wrong username. If you edit their profile, you’ll see their username. Let them know that this is the username they should be using to sign up for your activities.
- TIP: A volunteer can merge their duplicate profiles so that they only use one username for all their volunteering with various organizations.
Volunteer Availability, Qualifications, and Status
When volunteers click on the OPPORTUNITIES tab in MyVolunteerPage.com, they will be able to see an Activity to which they have been assigned, provided there are current and/or future shifts for that Activity.
Volunteers can set a variety of filters to limit which Activities display to them (by Qualified, Generally Available, Signed Up, Scheduled, Backup List). One or more of these settings may be preventing them from seeing an Activity.
The Activity’s visibility settings may also be preventing them from seeing the Activity.
Here’s how you can diagnose why this may be happening:
- Edit the volunteer’s profile.
- Click on the “Assign” tab.
- Click on the link to the Activity. At the top of the window that opens you will see a summary to indicate that the volunteer:
- is [NOT] generally available:
- is [NOT] qualified:
- can [NOT] see this activity:
Here’s how to fix the problem:
- Click on the link to either the “qualified” or “visibility” note above, you can find out why the volunteer is/isn’t qualified or why the volunteer can/can’t see the activity and then fix the problem.
- Not qualified: The volunteer does not have all of the qualifications associated with the activity. In the case of “ranked qualifications”, the volunteer’s level may be lower than the minimum requirement for the activity. Check the volunteer’s qualifications.
- Can NOT see this activity: The volunteer’s status might not match the required status associated with the activity’s visibility settings. Additionally, if the activity is only visible to qualified volunteers, per above, the volunteer may not have all of the required qualifications. Check the volunteer’s status (and optionally, their qualifications).