Hiding Specific Shifts From Volunteers
Hiding a Shift
At times, you may wish to create an Activity with a large number of shifts but also prevent volunteers from signing up for certain shifts. To do this, you can assign a “placeholder volunteer” to those shifts in order to “fill it” (“shift filler”), thus hiding it from other volunteers.
- GO TO: People >> Add a Volunteer
- Enter the details for this “placeholder” volunteer
- Click on “Save”
- GO TO: Activities >> Manage Activities
- Click the [Options] button to the left of the desired Activity and select “Edit”
- Open the “Schedule” tab
- Select the new shifts you have added
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Override Minimum Volunteers” from the “Change Selected” droplist
- Set the “Number of Volunteers” to 1 and click the [Override Minimum Volunteers] button
- Select “Override Maximum Volunteers” from the “Change Selected” droplist
- Set the “Volunteers Required for Auto Lock” to 1 and click the [Override Maximum Volunteers] button
- Click the [Close] button to close your Activity
Edit the volunteer profile and add it to the desired shifts.
- In the Quick Search field, enter the name of your placeholder volunteer
- Click on the profile name to edit it
- Open the “Assign” tab
- Change the filters (if necessary) to display the desired Activity
- Click on the link to the desired activity
- In the “As” column (i.e. Assign), check the box for each shift you wish to hide (i.e. assign the placeholder volunteer to)
- Click the [Save] button
When you need to make those shifts available once again, edit the volunteer profile and remove it from the desired shifts and follow the instructions in “Step 2” to reset the minimum and maximum number of volunteers needed on those shifts.
Looking for something else?
Enter your keywords and press Enter.