Restricting Access to Your Timeclock
Controlling Where a Timeclock Can Be Started / Stopped
NOTE:The target audience for this article is members of your Information Technology department.
In some organizations, you may want to restrict a Timeclock to being started or stopped from one specific location (to prevent a volunteer from starting a Timeclock at an unauthorized location). In larger organizations or those with a variety of Timeclock kiosks, this restriction may apply to a range of locations. With the “Restricted Timeclock IP Address Ranges” feature, you can restrict from where volunteers are allowed to start or stop a Timeclock. This setting applies to both the full and mobile (if enabled) Timeclock interfaces.
- Go to: Configuration >> Organization Settings >> General Settings
- Scroll to the “Restricted Timeclock IP Address Ranges” section
- Enter an IP address or a CIDR range (you can enter multiple addresses / ranges)
- Click the [Add IP Address / CIDR Range] button
- Click the [Save] button at the bottom of the page
To remove an address or range, highlight it and then click the [Remove IP Address / CIDR Range] button.