Qualifications - Add a New One
What is a Qualification?
Beyond basic contact information in a volunteer’s profile, you can collect and store further information about a volunteer in a “Qualification”. Typically, a Qualification is information that enables you to control which volunteers can see a particular Activity and whether or not they can self-schedule in the Activity. Any training or orientation that you provide a volunteer is typically recorded as a Qualification. You can also include things like skills, certification, age or really anything else.
A Qualification appears as a list of choices, from which one selection can be made. Multiple selections from a single qualification are not possible.
- Go to: Configuration >> Qualifications
- Click the [+] button in the “Qualification” header and click on “New Qualification” (or click the [+ New Qualification] button).
- Qualification: Enter a Qualification name (required, maximum 200 characters)
- Permissions: Select what the volunteer can do with the Qualification:
- Private: Only accessible to the administrator
- Read only: Data entered by the administrator can be seen by the volunteer but not edited
- Read/write with approval: Data entered by the volunteer requires approval by the administrator
- Read/write without approval: Data entered by the volunteer does not require approval
- MyVolunteerPage.com: Select whether or not this Qualification will appear to volunteers when they edit their profile and whether or not a value is required
- Application Forms: Select the application forms on which this Qualification will appear and whether or not a value is required by those filling in an application (Just getting started – just choose application 1)
- Type: Select the type of Qualification to create:
- Exact Match: Items are displayed alphabetically. If used in an Activity, the volunteer must have the exact level specified.
- Ranked: Items are displayed in a specific order, determined by the administrator. If used in an Activity, the volunteer must have at least the level specified. When entering the items, they can be ranked from lowest (top of the list) to highest (bottom of the list).
- Expiry Setting: Specify whether or not the Qualification requires an expiry date if any value (item) is selected in the volunteer’s profile.
- Items: Create the items to appear in the drop-down list for the Qualification:
- Individual items: Type in an item and click the [Add Item] button
- Multiple items: Click the [Add Multiple Items] button and specify the list of items to create. Items can also be copied and pasted from Microsoft Excel. Once entered, items can be rearranged or removed.
- Description: Optional: Enter a description
- Click the [Save] button