Your Administrative Home Page
When you log on to Volunteer Impact as an administrator, you will see the “Home Page”. You can get back to this page at any time by going to Main >> Home.
If you are an administrator of multiple organizations and/or an enterprise, you will see an “Accounts” page first. After selecting the desired account, you’ll then be taken to the Home Page.
Here are the various sections that make up your administrative home page.
Navigating Through Volunteer Impact
- To access the functionality of Volunteer Impact, select the desired option from the menu choices at the top of the page.
- Clicking on a link will take you to the associated page.
- You’ll also be able to navigate back to the top of the page you are on by clicking the [Scroll back to top] arrow button, displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.
TIP:You can also use Keyboard Shortcuts to navigate to other menu options in Volunteer Impact.
- Status Update: displays the number of people for each status for the selected module:
- Buttons will display for each of the modules, providing you with quick access to a variety of functions:
- Birthdays (All modules)
- Custom Field Approvals (All modules)
- Anniversaries (Volunteer module only)
- Qualification Approvals (Volunteer module only)
- Expiring Qualifications (Volunteer module only)
- Expired Qualifications (Volunteer module only)
- Hours Approvals (Volunteer module only)
- Volunteers on the Clock (Volunteer module only)
- Pending Signups (Volunteer module only)
Your Current Messages
- Your Current Volunteer Message: view/edit the message your volunteers will see when they log on to myVolunteerPage.com
- Enterprise Message to Volunteers: view/edit the message your volunteers will see when they log on to myVolunteerPage.com (this option is created at the enterprise level and can be seen at the organization level)
- Your Current Client Message: view/edit the message your clients will see when they log on to myVolunteerPage.com
- Enterprise Message to Clients: view/edit the message your clients will see when they log on to myVolunteerPage.com (this option is created at the enterprise level and can be seen at the organization level)
- Your Current Administrator Message: view/edit the message other administrators will see when they log on to admin.betterimpact.com
- Your Current Custom Home Page Text: view/edit the message that will display on your organization’s public home page
- Comparisons as of (DATE): compare the number of hours logged, number of volunteers with hours logged and feedback logged in a given period. You can’t edit the information that is displayed, but you can click on the various buttons to compare yearly, quarterly, monthly and weekly values for the entire year or the year to date.
- System Message: communication from Better Impact to all administrators. You’ll find information on Volunteer Impact software updates and events of interest to volunteer managers. This area can also include a custom message from us to your specific organization.
Message From Your Enterprise
- Message from (ENTERPRISE NAME): view the message created by your enterprise administrator. This section will only be visible at the organization level if the organization is part of an enterprise.
- Support: information from Better Impact on getting help and contacting support. The section contains a link to the online help pages and also displays the Technical Support telephone number (specific to your region).
- Feedback: information from Better Impact on submitting feedback to us
- Get Social: this section displays the Better Impact Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Account Information: information from Better Impact on your account (the year you became a client, your next renewal date, number of billable volunteer profiles). If you have opted in to the text messaging feature, you’ll also see the number of text messages sent.
Here’s a sample home page for an organization:
Enter your keywords and press Enter.