What Are Filters?
Filters are used in some pages in Volunteer Impact and MyVolunteerPage.com to customize what information will be displayed in the various pages listed below and remember those settings when you return to that page. Where filters are present, you have the option to:
- Clear Filters: clicking this button resets all filter options back to the “factory default settings” (this option is not available in all screens with filters)
- Make these my default filters: by checking the box, your current filter settings will be saved as your defaults when you come back to this screen
- Filter or Search: clicking this button (the name will vary depending on the screen you are in) displays the information below that matches your current filter settings
If you manually change the filters, your previous settings will be remembered the next time you come back to that screen.
You’ll find filters used in the following screens:
- Administrator interface (Volunteer Impact):
- Editing hours log entries (People >> Hours and Feedback >> Edit Hours)
- Approving hours log entries (People >> Hours and Feedback >> Approve Hours)
- Managing your activities (Activities >> Manage Activities)
- Assigning volunteers from the list of unscheduled / seasonal activities (Assign >> From Unscheduled List)
- there are also filters in the “Assign Volunteers” page that pops up for a specific activity
- Assigning volunteers from the list of scheduled activities (Assign >> From Scheduled List)
- there are also filters in the “Assign Volunteers” page that pops up for a specific shift
- Assigning volunteers from the list of pending signups (Assign >> From Pending Signup List)
- Assigning an individual volunteer to an activity (“Assign” tab when editing a volunteer profile)
- Volunteer interface (MyVolunteerPage.com):
- Signing up for an activity (“OPPORTUNITIES” tab)
A warning may display indicating that “it looks like you have filters applied. If you don’t see the item you are looking for, you can change your filters (above) and try again.”
NOTE:It is important to note that your filter settings may prevent you or a volunteer from seeing something you are looking for. By adjusting your filter settings, the information that is currently hidden may be revealed to you.
Looking for something else?
Enter your keywords and press Enter.