Feedback Fields - Add New
What is a Feedback Field?
When a volunteer or administrator logs hours against a particular Activity, they can also provide answers to any question you would like to ask them. These can be numeric answers, where reports are available to show totals, or open ended questions.
- Go to: Configuration >> Feedback Fields
- Click the [New Feedback Field] button or click the [+] button to the left of the Feedback Field list heading
- Enter the name you want displayed on reports (required, maximum 50 characters) e.g. Clients Served
- Enter the name you want displayed to volunteers (required, maximum 200 characters). Use this to be very precise about what you want to ask the volunteer. e.g. – How many clients did you assist on your shift today?
- Select whether or not the Feedback Field is active. Just getting started? Make it active. If you ever want to stop using a Feedback Field but want to keep the data, you can essentially turn it off by making it inactive.
- Select whether or not a response is required when logging hours using the Feedback Field
- Select the type of answer you are looking for:
- Number – These are totalled in reports. Only numeric values are permitted.
- Short Text – You’ll be able to see a list of all responses and a list of response for a particular volunteer. Only up to 100 characters of text are permitted.
- Long Text – You’ll be able to see a list of all responses and a list of response for a particular volunteer. Large volumes of text are permitted.
- Drop-Down List – For each of these fields, the number of responses for each option are totalled in reports. You specify the different levels from which your volunteers can select. Only one value can be selected from a drop-down list feedback field when providing feedback in an hours log entry.
- Optional: For numeric Feedback Fields only, a “Display on Dashboard” checkbox will appear, enabling you to display data for this Feedback Field on your Home Page “Comparisons”, or make it available to be displayed in Trend Analysis Reports and in the Comparison reports in a volunteer’s profile.
- Optional: Enter a description that is visible to volunteers. Use this if you want to provide more information about how to approach answering the question. Volunteers will see the description when they are logging hours for an Activity that includes this Feedback Field.
- Click the [Save] button