Email Template - Create a New One
What Is an Email Template
Email Templates are time savers when it comes to sending out frequently used email messages. The can be sent exactly as stored in the template or used as a starting point for modification prior to sending.
IMPORTANT: Choosing the Right Module for Your Template
Select which administrators get to use this Email Template by selecting the desired Module. For example, if you choose Volunteer, any administrator who is a volunteer administrator will have access to this template. If you’re just getting started, select Volunteer.
In order to include a file from the Document Library as an attachment to your Email Template, the file and template must have matching modules. For example, if you are creating an Email Template that is associated with the Volunteer module, you can only attach files from the Document Library that are also associated with the Volunteer module.
When you add a file to your Document Library, you specify which module administrators the file is available to. For example, if you choose Volunteer, any administrator who is a Volunteer administrator can use this file (when sending emails, or creating Email Templates).
- Go to: Communicate >> Email Templates
- Click the [+] button in the “Email Template” header (or click the [+ New Email Template] button).
- Enter an Email Template name (required, maximum 200 characters) This is not included in what eventually gets sent to a volunteer.
- Optional: Enter a description. This is not included in what eventually gets sent to a volunteer.
- Select which administrators get to use this Email Template. For example: by choosing Volunteer, any admin who is a volunteer administrator will have access to this template. Just getting started? Select Volunteer.
- Enter the email subject (maximum 200 characters)
- Enter the body of the message (text only). This content can be edited when sending an email message.
- Optional: Add attachments from the Document Library. The combined size of the message plus any attachments cannot exceed 4MB.
- If the attachment you want to use has not yet been added to the Document Library, you can add it from here by clicking the [+ Create New Document] button below the list of existing files.
- Click the [Save] button
This template will now be available to you the next time you send an email to one volunteer or any list of volunteers.
Looking for something else?
Enter your keywords and press Enter.