Document Library - Add a New Document
Should I use the Document Library or the File Manager?
- This is a central repository where administrators can add files that could be used by administrators and/or volunteers.
- If a document is available to volunteers, they will see a “Files” section on their Home page in MyVolunteerPage.com. Files are not accessible to volunteers without a username that is associated with your organization.
- In an enterprise environment, files in the Document Library at the enterprise level are available to the member organizations.
- The main use for the File Manager is to insert an image into the field (example: a logo at the bottom of an email) or a link to a file. Items uploaded to the File Manager will only be visible to volunteers if they can see applicable field.
- Files in the File Manager can be included as links in any Rich Text Field where the File Manager is available (e.g. descriptions for custom fields, qualifications, interests, activities, etc., within the body of an email, a welcome message, and so on). Files could then be accessible to volunteers before they log in and before they even have a username associated with your organization, if they are included in the description of an active General Interest or in the pre-assigned description of a publicly-visible Activity.
- In an enterprise environment, files in the File Manager will only be accessible to administrators at the level at which they were added (i.e. at the Enterprise level only or within one specific organization).
What is a Document Library
Document Library is a file storage area that can be used for a variety of purposes and can contain policies and procedures manuals, consent forms, newsletters, training sheets etc. These documents can be:
- used as attachments in your email messages
- specified as an attachment in your Email Templates.
- visible only to Administrators or available (and highlighted) to Volunteers from the “Files” section on the home page of MyVolunteerPage.com.
For a list of the types of files you can upload, see File Types.
Add New Document
The “Visible to” setting determines who can see the file. If it is “Administrators”, then only administrators will see it. If it is “Others”, then your volunteers will see it when they open up their “Files” section in MyVolunteerPage.com. If you check the “Highlight” box, it will be shown without having to open up their “Files” section.
NOTE: Files cannot be made visible to specific volunteers.
“Module” controls which module administrators can use the file. When you are creating an Email Template, you can only attach files that have a module that matches the module you have selected for the template.
- Go to: Configuration >> Document Library
- Click the [New Document] button or click the [+] button to the left of the Document list heading
- Enter the title for the document (required, maximum 200 characters)
- Check who can see the document (“Visible to”):
- Administrators – only administrators
- Others – includes volunteers, clients and/or members (depending on what modules you have in your subscription)
- Others (Accepted/Active Only) – includes only volunteers, clients and/or members (depending on what modules you have in your subscription) with an Accepted or Active status
- Check whether or not the document will be highlighted (displayed) to volunteers on MyVolunteerPage.com without them having to click the [Files] button
- Select the Module(s) to which the document should be associated. These could be Administrator, Volunteer, Client or Member depending on what modules you have in your subscription.
- Click the [Select A File] button
- Optional: Enter a description (visible only to administrators)
- Click the [Save] button
IMPORTANT:When in a Rich Text field, you should not create a link to a file in the Document Library as this could expose the file to those other than your intended volunteer audience.
Looking for something else?
Enter your keywords and press Enter.