Backup List - Adding Volunteer and Searching
Adding a Volunteer to the Backup List for an Activity
Volunteers can add themselves to the backup list for an Activity if it is full or if they cannot find any shifts for which they are available. As an administrator, you can also add a volunteer to the backup list for an Activity. Note that the backup list is associated with the Activity overall, not a specific shift.
- Edit a volunteer’s profile.
- Click on the “Assign” tab.
- Optionally, filter the list of Activities displayed.
- Click on the link to the desired Activity.
- Add the volunteer to the backup list for the Activity:
- If the Activity is Unscheduled or Seasonal, check the “Backup List” box and click the [Save] button
- If the Activity is Scheduled, click the [Add to Backup List] button
Searching for Volunteers on the Backup List
- Go to: People >> Search.
- Select the desired volunteer status(es) to include.
- Click the [Add Search Criteria] button.
- For “Search Type”, select “Activity” from the drop list. (You can select “Activity Category” if you wish to include multiple Activities from a category.)
- In “Schedule Status”, check the box for “On the backup list”
- Optionally, select the desired values for “For shifts that are” and “For the following activities” (active status).
- Select the desired Activity from the category by clicking the category heading to display the Activities in that category.
- Click the [Add and Go] button
Assigning Volunteers from the Backup List
- Go to Assign >> From Scheduled List (or Assign >> From Unscheduled List)
- Click on the link to the desired shift (or activity)
- In the “Filters” section, check the “On the backup list” scheduling option
- Select other filters, as appopriate
- Click the [Search] button to display volunteers on the backup list for that Activity and assign them