Adding a Volunteer to the Database
Adding a Volunteer (where the volunteer applies online)
Ideally, new volunteers should add themselves to your database. If they fill in any sort of form and then you or another administrator types that information into the database, that work is being done twice.
- Generate a signup link to add to your website
- Provide the link to whoever is responsible for your organizations website or email the link to the volunteer
Volunteers that are new to MyVolunteerPage.comNew volunteers start off by entering their contact information. If a date of birth is required on the application form, the volunteer cannot specify the current year as their year of birth. Applicants are required to enter at least one contact phone number.
Volunteers that already have a profile in MyVolunteerPage.comApplicants with an existing profile bypass the entry of their contact information. The application process will check to see if the volunteer has a date of birth (if required), phone number, and primary email address entered in their existing profile. It will also ensure that they have acknowledged your organization’s policies (if required).
Adding a Volunteer Through the Administrator Interface
When creating a volunteer profile, the username you specify must be unique not only within your organization, but across all organizations using Volunteer Impact. This is because volunteer profiles can belong to multiple organizations.
- Go to: People >> Add a Volunteer
- Optionally, check the box at the top if you are creating a profile for someone that won’t be logging on. In this case, the username will be generated based on the email or first/last name you enter for them. A random password will also be assigned.
- Fill in the fields in the “Contact Information” section. Mandatory fields are indicated with a flag. Usernames (not case sensitive) and passwords (case sensitive) must be at least 6 characters in length.
- Optional: In the “Settings” section, compose a personal message to the volunteer. This will be displayed to the volunteer on their MyVolunteerPage.com home page.
- For the Volunteer module, select the volunteer’s status.
- Click the [Add a Volunteer] button
- Continue, by adding other information to the volunteer’s profile
Other ModulesIf your organization has other modules (e.g. Client, Member, Donor), the option under the People menu will be “Add a Person“. After you have specified the Contact Information, you can set the desired status for the new person in the “Settings” section for the appropriate module.
Enter your keywords and press Enter.