Adding a Group Profile
Adding a Group (where the group applies online)
Ideally, new volunteers and groups should add themselves to your database. If they fill in any sort of form and then you or another administrator types that information into the database, that work is being done twice.
- Generate a link to add to your website
- Provide the link to whoever is responsible for your organizations website or email the link to the volunteer or group
Adding a Group Through the Admin Interface
- Go to: People >> Add a Volunteer
- Fill in the fields in the “Contact Information” section. Mandatory fields are indicated with a flag. Usernames (not case sensitive) and passwords (case sensitive) must be at least 6 characters in length.
- Optional: In the “Settings” section, compose a personal message to the volunteer. This will be displayed to the volunteer on their MyVolunteerPage.com home page.
- Check the box beside “This profile represents a group and is able to sign up for activities and shifts on MyVolunteerPage.com”
- Enter the name of the group
- For the Volunteer module, select the volunteer’s status.
- Click the [Add a Volunteer] button
- Continue, by adding other information to the volunteer’s profile
Making an Existing Volunteer Profile a Group Profile
- Edit the existing volunteer profile
- From the “Main” tab, go to the “Miscellaneous” section
- Scroll down to the “Group Settings” section
- Check the “Group” box and (optionally) enter a name for the group
- Click the [Save] button]
Enter your keywords and press Enter.