Connecting Your Volunteers and Clients in Even More Ways!
For a list of other enhancements in Volunteer Impact, please see the Version 4.17 change log in either the Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition help pages.
Client Reporting Fields
Management pages for Client Reporting Fields
- At both the organization and enterprise level, you can create a new type of field that enables your volunteers to record more personalized information for interactions (“Client Encounters”) with their clients without having to log hours against an Activity. Volunteers will still be able to log hours and feedback for Activities associated with their clients.
- Data types available: Number, Short Text, Long Text, Drop Down.
- Volunteers do NOT log hours against an activity, they log a “Client Encounter”
IMPORTANT: Since these fields could contain sensitive information, volunteers will not be able to see or edit the client reporting feedback they have submitted for their Client Encounters once they have saved it.
Limited Admin permission for managing Client Reporting Fields
- You can now decide whether or not your limited administrators will have the ability to access the configuration options for managing Client Reporting Fields.
Log Client Encounters within a Client’s profile
- Log Client Encounters within the “Encounters” section under the “Connections” tab in a Client’s profile. This is the only place where an administrator can log a Client Encounter.
- Display (and view, edit, delete) “Client Encounters” logged for a Client.
Volunteers in organizations with Client Module can log “hours” or “encounters“
- If the volunteer has no associated clients, they will see the normal “HOURS” tab, enabling them to log hours against their Activities.
- If the volunteer has associated clients, the “HOURS” tab is replaced with a “LOGGING” menu that has “Hours” and “Connections” as the options.
- Hours: takes them to same page as before.
- Connections: takes them to the “Client Encounter” screen where they can enter values for Client Reporting Fields to provide details on their most recent Client Encounter. In addition to the logging interface, there is also a “Past Encounters” list. Volunteers cannot view or edit or delete them. They can only see the client name and encounter date.
IMPORTANT: Volunteers will not be able to see or edit the feedback they have submitted for their Client Encounters once they have saved it.
Limited Admin permission for managing Log Client Encounters
- You can now decide whether or not your limited administrators will have the ability to access the option to log Encounters within the Connections tab of a Client’s profile.
- Information on Client Encounters can be reported on via export reports at both the organization and enterprise levels as well as within an individual volunteer’s profile.
New “People” menu option (“Connections“) to show information about Volunteers and Clients
- Display and print a list of “Volunteers and Associated Clients” and a list of “Clients and Associated Volunteers”.
- Display (and view, edit, delete) “Client Encounters” logged in an organization
Limited Admin permission for managing View Connections
- You can now decide whether or not your limited administrators will have the ability to view the access the “Volunteers and Associated Clients page” as well as the “Clients and Associated Volunteers” page.
Session Expiry Warning
Session expiry warning
- Administrators will be logged off automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity. A warning will remind them that their session is about to expire. If the warning is not acknowledged within 2 minutes, they will be logged off.
- The warning time interval cannot be changed at this time.
Switch to Volunteer View menu option changes
Switch to Volunteer View menu option changes
- This option is now visible for administrators of any module provided that they are also a member of at least one other module:
- If the administrator has a single, non-administrative active membership it will say the name of that module (e.g. “Switch to Volunteer View”, “Switch to Client View”).
- If the administrator has multiple non-administrative module active memberships (e.g. “Client” and “Volunteer” modules), it will say “Switch to User View”.
- If the administrator is not a member of at least one other module, they will be taken to a help page explaining why the option is not available.
Email and SMS Message History
Organizations within an Enterprise can have the ability to see email messages and SMS messages sent from other organizations within the enterprise
- Much like the setting added for Note Log Entries in version 4.16.0, there is now a setting we can enable for you to enable your organizations to see email messages and SMS messages (if this feature has been enabled) sent from other organizations within an enterprise to a specific user.
Enhancements to MyVolunteerPage Mobile Interface
MyVolunteerPage Mobile Enhancements
- The Home page on the mobile site (myvolunteerpage.mobi) has been re-arranged. A “hamburger” style menu at the upper left corner can be opened to display the main branded tabs:
- Home, Opportunities, Schedule, Hours, Connections, Contact, My Profile, Go to the main site, Log Out.
- The interface has been cleaned up for greater clarity and ease of use.